- Seat of African Union; Number of Embassies in Addis Ababa second only to Washington, D.C.
- Stable democratic government elected to 5 year term in May, 2010 with a commitment to foreign investment
- Federalized constitution for self-determination; no ethnic strife
- Revised mining laws to promote development of natural resources
- Among top 5 countries worldwide in GDP growth
- Ranks ahead of Russia, Brazil and India in Doing Business Survey
- Ethiopia is a member of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States
- Reasonably developed infrastructure: 18 airports, hydro and geothermal power plants